Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: bit OT -- Wifi technology

From: Barry Lynam <b.lynam () QUT EDU AU>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 08:57:22 +1000

Hi,

Can't really comment on the cisco infrastructure etc. but I'm interested in
hearing about certificate issues.  Each year when the certificate expires
and requires changing, we go through a huge amount of pain testing devices
just to see how they will behave so the helpdesk knows what to expect.  Do
others have same issues?  Different devices with different version of code
behave differently.

We use WEP2 enterprise, 802.1x, PEAP and some other options for auth and
encryption.

Barry