Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: NAC with Guest wireless

From: Greg Williams <gwillia5 () UCCS EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 08:20:07 -0600

We have the same setup here.  Open network is through a captive portal for AD or LDAP accounts and provisioned guest
accounts only.  Ports 80,443, 500 for IKE, 1701 for L2TP, 1723 for PPTP.  Additionally we block 443 to any server on
campus that authenticates against AD or LDAP.  We haven't had anyone come to us asking to open other ports for VPN
other than the standard ones.