Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Digital signatures on legal documents...??

From: "SCHALIP, MICHAEL" <mschalip () CNM EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:42:18 -0700

Hi Security folks.....

Back again for another "what are YOU doing...?" question.....

The fed sector has been using "digital signatures" for a few years - the last one that I knew of was "Entrust" - used
for both encryption and "digital signatures", (non-repudiation messaging, basically).  My question:

 1.  Is there anyone out there that is using "digital signatures", and....
 2.  If so - what product(s) are you using?.....and....
 3.  What kind of policy do you have in place to support, or provide for, the use of digital signatures....??

Thanks,

Michael

--
believed to be clean.