Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: iPhone/iPad/iPod and Facetime

From: John Ladwig <John.Ladwig () CSU MNSCU EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 18:59:56 -0600

This hasn't hit my radar - is Apple providing or referencing STUN/TURN services w/ Facetime?  Sorta like Skype does
with supernodes...

And, if they are, is Facetime doing Skype-stlye peer to peer encryption, or would there be MITM/content sniffing issues
with the TURN media routing nodes?

   -jml

PS - think about MITM also when considering Teredo and 6to4 transitions mechanisms for IPv6...