Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Copyright material scan

From: Geoffrey Steven Nathan <geoffnathan () WAYNE EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:10:18 -0400

In addition, faculty (and graduate students) often request interlibrary loan copies of articles, which now arrive via
pdf and are stored on their (my) computers. This is not only legal, it's part of our core business (doing research,
that is). You would be drowning in false positives.

Geoff (wearing my Linguist, rather than my IT Policy hat)

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Professor, Linguistics Program
http://blogs.wayne.edu/proftech/