Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Groupspaces...is it social engineering or a desired campus server.

From: "Tonkin, Derek K." <Derek_Tonkin () BAYLOR EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:19:05 -0500

I advise one of our campus fraternities and they use WePay for some of their collections.  It is a legitimate company
that specializes in that sort of thing.  I have not heard of GroupSpaces but the activity Wayne described does sound
worthy of some sort of reprimand in my personal opinion, probably in the form of some communication from your General
Counsel.  I'd defer to that office for guidance on how to respond.  Do you know if any of your campus organizations are
customers of GroupSpaces?

-------------Baylor University-------------
Derek Tonkin
Information Security Analyst
Information Technology Services - Security
derek_tonkin () baylor edu<mailto:derek_tonkin () baylor edu>        254-710-7061