Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mobile Device Security programs

From: "Lang, Matthew" <mlang8 () UNCC EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:25:35 +0000

Mikhael,

Thank you for the information.

Sincerely,

Matthew

From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU] On Behalf Of Felker,
Mikhael
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 11:22 AM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: Re: [SECURITY] Mobile Device Security programs

Hi Matthew-
         I believe you're looking for "Mobile Device Management" (MDM) software - Gartner has a good recent write up on
this area ID Number: G00211101 (if your library has access).  Leaders are Sybase, Good Technology, AirWatch and
MobileIron.  Capabilities vary whether they control ActiveSync policies or you have to download an app that contains
add data/policies within a standalone container.  Technical control over Android devices will vary significantly, but
that's more of a platform, than an MDM issue.

Cheers,

-Mikhael

--
Mikhael Felker