Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft BitLocker

From: "Clementz, Todd" <clementz.7 () OSU EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 18:49:11 +0000

We have had Bitlocker deployed for a few years now with minimal issues.  On a few very rare occasions, we have had the
machine boot and prompt for the code.  When this has happened, I have just re-encrypted the machine and all is well.
Are you deploying chipset software on machines through WSUS that might over wright BIOS information?  We have 60ish
deployed with varying models and types.

Todd Clementz
Systems Engineer
Knowlton School of Architecture