Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Anybody using NetPartner?

From: Andrew Watson <Andrew.Watson () COLORADOCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 20:44:19 +0000

Good Afternoon!

Is anyone using NetPartner from the College Board to allow web based access to financial aid award information?  Our
financial aid department would like us to implement this solution for them, however I am concerned about the security
of this system.  To date, we have not made any of our systems that contain PII directly accessible via the web.  I am
curious if there are folks out there that did not implement this product due to security concerns, or if folks have
implemented it, what additional security measures are you taking to protect these systems? Any advice would be greatly
appreciated!

Sincerely,

Andrew Watson
Sr. Systems Administrator