Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Google announces privacy changes, no opt out for users

From: "Troy S. Jordan" <troyj () MAINE EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:02:41 -0500

Vik,

I agree. Perhaps we need to pay a little something for a great service
(e.g. quickly finding something useful among 50 billion web pages).
Perhaps then we can expect to be treated like the customer instead of
being the product to be resold to advertizers. Just one of the things we
are not paying enough attention to.

- Troy