Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: PCI DSS Review - 40 Hours?

From: Drew Perry <aperry () MURRAYSTATE EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 11:56:56 -0500

Do you mean from the ground up? Has your organization begun/completed PCI
compliance previously? I'm at the Treasury Institute's PCI workshop this
week and I can say, unless you have very few Merchant ID's, and they're all
SAQ A or B, then no. You won't complete it in 40 hours. My colleagues at
the University of Kentucky have been working toward PCI compliance for 4
years. They're about 85% done.

Sent from my phone.

Drew Perry
Security Analyst