Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: secure testing environment

From: "Colli, Anthony G." <Anthony.Colli () UVM EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 15:21:49 +0000

Software Secure http://www.softwaresecure.com/Main.aspx provides a few different solutions for locking down browsers
during an exam. We have been using a version of their Secure Exam Browser for quite some time. It blocks all other
applications from being in the foreground, stops any remote processes like Virtual machines or RDP connections, and
removes any keyboard shortcut key entries. About all the user gets is a browser that goes to a specifies URL and
Ctrl-Alt-Del. We are now working with them to build a browser for a home grown exam system we have developed.

-Anthony