Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Share with us a copy of your Security Cameras Policy

From: Jeff McCabe <j-mccabe () EXCHANGE TAMU EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 13:41:35 +0000

See attached plus http://rules-saps.tamu.edu/PDFs/29.01.99.M1.28.pdf

From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU] On Behalf Of David
Treble
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 7:14 PM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: Re: [SECURITY] Share with us a copy of your Security Cameras Policy

Sorry to resurrect this week old thread, but I finally got a hold of a hard copy of a paper that was written for our
Campus Police/Security Services unit back in 2006.  This was an undergraduate paper written as part of our Criminology
field research program.

Before this bit of research was done in 2006, we had about 125 cameras.  We now have approximately 600 on both
campuses.  To give you some idea on size and scope, our downtown campus has 10 Buildings and the main suburban campus
has approximately 60 buildings on 580 acres.  We have about 28,000 full-time students.

I broke out the Executive Summary.  The full version is 74 pages incl.  appendices.  The paper is titled:

University of Manitoba Perspectives of Closed Circuit Television Surveillance:
Findings Concerning Effectiveness and Privacy Based on Survey and Interview Research

http://www.umanitoba.ca/ist/security/media/UofM-Perspectives-CCTV-Surveillance-(Summary).pdf

http://www.umanitoba.ca/ist/security/media/UofM-Perspectives-CCTV-Surveillance-(Full).pdf

DT