Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Patching Windows VM on Parallels/Fusion

From: Dave Koontz <dkoontz () MBC EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:40:39 -0400

We treat virtual machines just like physical ones, and make them part of
our domain so appropriate group policies and update configurations are
applied.  Granted we can't stop a user from installing their own OS, we
have not found this to be a problem due to user's needing to provide
their own OS licensing.  You could have the same problem with user's
installing a separate OS on a physical device and dual booting, so I am
not sure the issue is virtual specific.