Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Multi-platform two-factor terminal services?

From: Cathy Hubbs <hubbs () AMERICAN EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 12:38:24 -0400

Mike,
We haven't purchased yet, but the week before last spoke with VASCO. Here
is what they say about terminal services.

VASCO?s solution supports RDP / Terminal Server sessions from both Windows
and Mac clients. Additionally it also supports connections from Linux.
VASCO?s Digipass Authentication for Windows Logon software is installed on
a Windows Terminal Server. and when a client makes a connection to the
Terminal Server from any client (Windows, Mac, Linux) for a RDP session
from that Terminal Server they will be presented with a logon screen,
served from the Terminal Server where they will enter their username in
the username field and their two-factor authentication, which is a pin or
password and one-time password in the password field, so it acts much like
a normal login. Two fields, username and password.

To be clear, we have not purchased or tested it, however if you talk off
list I would be happy to share the POC info if you are interested in
asking more questions directly.

Cathy

Cathy Hubbs, CISSP, CISA, CGEIT
Chief Information Security Officer