Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: IP Camera for Sports?

From: Dan Oachs <doachs () GAC EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 13:22:57 -0600

We use Axis security cameras <http://www.axis.com/> for all sorts of things on our campus in addition to using them for security cameras. Many of them do double duty. I am pretty sure they have one that meets your requirements. They are easy to grab images from to be used as frequently updating webcams, etc. We have also used them in conjunction with other software (wowza, and wirecast) for live video streaming to a flash streaming server to allow hundreds of viewers, or as time lapse photography cameras and more. Pretty sure most IP cams support many if not all these features. Once you have one to play with, you will probably find all sorts of interesting ways to use it.

    --Dan Oachs
        Gustavus Adolphus College