Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Closed Network Implementation?

From: Willis Marti <wmarti () TAMU EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 10:35:54 -0600

Glenn,
 The key lesson is that with a research university, possibly all higher ed, there is no way to know everything our
faculty and staff have cooked up when the rules were less strict. I strongly feel you have to put a device in place
without rules to determine what "default deny" would reject, before turning it on.

--
Willis Marti
Director and CISO