Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Program: NIST, ISO, other?

From: "Wright, A J (A. J.)" <ajw () TENNESSEE EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:05:39 +0000

We use the SANS Top 20 as part of our program.  (I think they're now listed under the "Center for Strategic &
International Studies" formerly the "Consensus Audit Guidelines" formerly SANS, etc.)

I like that they provide a set of industry standard (and easily justified) priority controls and that they list which
NIST SP800-53 controls are related.
ajw