Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Palo Alto Firewall and Sorenson VP 200 (Video Phones)

From: Harry Zahlis <harry.zahlis () FRESNOCITYCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 18:57:26 +0000

Our District just purchased and implemented a new Palo Alto Networks firewall.  We have run across an issue which has
stumped a lot of people.

Our deaf faculty and students use a device provided by Sorenson (Sorenson ntouch VP-200) for telecommunication.  At
first we opened the specific ports required by the Sorenson devices but we could not place phone calls.  We opened all
ports, TCP and UDP in both directions (any-any) and we still cannot get the devices to work properly.  Each of the
devices has a static address on the inside and outside.

My questions is does anyone have a Palo Alto Networks firewall and utilize Sorenson video phone devices on your campus?
 I would really be interested to know how you got these suckers to work.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Harry

Harry Zahlis
Network Coordinator