Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

National Cyber Security Awareness Month 2013 is HERE!

From: Jodi Ito <jodi () HAWAII EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 18:12:31 -1000

It’s that time of year again!  October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM), and this year marks the 10th
anniversary of this event.

Help us raise awareness with your faculty, staff, and students this October.

We're launching National Cyber Security Awareness Month with an EDUCAUSE Live! webinar today, October 1 (1-2 pm EDT).
Register here and join Larry Pesce, SANS Certified Instructor and Senior Security Analyst, InGuardians, as he discusses
“8 Mobile Device Security Steps.”

If you plan on holding an event in October, please share your plans and any applicable URL’s with this group or send an
e-mail to security-council () educause edu  so your institution's activities can be included with our list of 2013
campus events:  https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/itsg2/NCSAM+Resource+Kit

Here are 4 other ways for you and your institution to show support while creating a culture of cyber safety and
security on your campus:

1) Become a NCSAM Champion: http://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam/champions

2) Share the 2013 student video and poster contest winners: www.educause.edu/svc

3) Get social & join the #HigherEd #NCSAM conversation:
http://www.educause.edu/blogs/vvogel/join-highered-ncsam-conversation

4) Read what you can do in less than a minute to all year round:
http://www.educause.edu/blogs/vvogel/how-colleges-and-universities-can-support-ncsam

We hope you will join us in doing our part to increase awareness and improve cybersecurity on each of our campuses and
across the higher education community.

Sincerely,
Dave Lyon & Jodi Ito
NCSAM Task Force co-chairs