Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Job Opening - Network Engineer/Computing Security Analyst - Northwestern University in Qatar

From: "Alexander W. Miranda" <awmiranda () GMAIL COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 10:36:54 -0500

Hi,
I've submitted to the job. It seems like a great opportunity.

R,
Alexander

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 6:18 AM, Joseph N Kurtin <
joseph.kurtin () northwestern edu> wrote:

   NU-Q is seeking an information security professional with expertise in
network design and operations to join the IT group at Northwestern's
international campus in Doha, Qatar. At just five years old, our campus is
young, and we have a number of major projects on the horizon, including a
full permanent facility buildout project. We're looking for a talented,
driven individual to come help shape and build our organization as we move
into our new home.

 The Network Engineer/Computing Security Analyst is responsible for the
design, implementation and operation of the security infrastructure
supporting Northwestern University in Qatar and works with the Senior
Network Engineer to design, implement and operate the NU-Q
telecommunications and network infrastructure.  This individual also
contributes data security analysis and incident investigation for the
remainder of the NU-Q organization.

 Along with a foreign-station pay increase above the base position rate
and two extra weeks of home leave vacation, the position includes housing
and other great benefits.  Relocation assistance is also provided.

 Interested candidates can view and apply online from the Northwestern
Careers site at the link below. Search the jobs board for "Network Eng Comp
Sec Ana, Qatar".

 http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/index.html

 I'll be happy to answer any questions about this position off-list.

 -Joseph Kurtin

  --
Manager of Infrastructure Operations
Northwestern University in Qatar Information Technology