Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

NCSAM 2013 Mid-Month Update

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:19:45 +0000

Hello! Below is a summary of higher ed NCSAM activities this month:

NCSAM Champions: Our goal is to have 5 more institutions sign up as NCSAM Champions by 10/31. University of Central
Oklahoma joined today making the total 95! There's still time to sign up: http://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam/champions/

Resource Kit: We have 152 examples of campus activities so far. Please let me know if your school has a website that we
can include: https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/itsg2/NCSAM+Resource+Kit

Weekly Guest Blogs: We have posted 5 guest blogs so far. Stay tuned for a final guest blog on cybersecurity and
critical infrastructure next week! Direct links are provided below, but you'll also find this content EDUCAUSE Review
Online: http://www.educause.edu/ero/blogs

  *   Week 1 Blog:
http://www.educause.edu/blogs/michaelstaysafeonlineorg/october-national-cyber-security-awareness-month-2013
  *   Week 2 Blog: http://www.educause.edu/blogs/vvogel/touch-id-net-benefit-or-net-loss
  *   Week 3 Blog: http://www.educause.edu/blogs/vvogel/cybersecurity-education
  *   Week 3 Blog: http://www.educause.edu/blogs/vvogel/building-effective-and-meaningful-cybersecurity-policies
  *   Week 4 Blog: http://www.educause.edu/blogs/vvogel/how-protect-yourself-cybercriminals

Thanks for all that you've done to help promote the 10th anniversary of NCSAM within our community this month! We will
share a wrap-up message at the end of next week.
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good