Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

PDF Generation

From: "Jacobson, Dick" <dick.jacobson () NDUS EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 18:29:41 +0000

Apologies to both Educause and Ren-Isac and thanks to those that pointed out my error.  In order to avoid the possible
cross-corruption (as someone called it) of lists, this post is being sent to just the Educause Security list.

I am needing some guidance.

We have purchased MessageExport from Encryptomatic  to generate PDF's from Exchange email, to satisfy our Open Records
requests.  We went with them mainly because they "handled" the various attachments we run into.  We have always had
issues that seem to be getting worse and have been trying to get a human response from them for a few weeks.

At this time, one of our techs has been working for two weeks on the last batch and has not been able to generate a
single PDF.  Size was a consideration - some are 40,000+ messages - but I have one also with 58 messages at 38M.

I am not looking at the Exchange side.  It appears Microsoft has "fixed" their eDiscovery process but now we need the
PDF generation portion to work.  What are people using for this function that they are satisfied, if not happy, with ?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Dick Jacobson
IT Security Officer
NORTH DAKOTA
University System