Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Successful Security Practices: Counting Failed Login Attempts, Wed., Sep. 3 at Noon ET

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 20:28:27 +0000

This is a topic that is often discussed on our Security and IDM lists. Please consider joining next Wednesday’s webinar
offered by Internet2 and InCommon to hear two different campus approaches.

Have a great weekend!
Valerie
___________________

Successful Security Practices: Counting Failed Login Attempts
Wed., Sept. 3, 2014 at Noon ET

Looking to change your security practices by counting failed login attempts and locking accounts after the agreed-upon
threshold has been reached? Interested in finding out how two institutions plan to do that? While monitoring unusual
login activity is considered good security practice, counting failed logins is also part of the strategy for addressing
the requirements of InCommon Bronze and Silver Identity Assurance Profiles.

Join us for an informal one-hour webinar presentation to hear how two campuses are approaching this issue and what they
have under development.

Moderator: Jacob Farmer, University of Indiana

Speakers:
-Brett Bieber, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
-Benn Oshrin, University of California-Berkeley

The session is sponsored by Internet2 and the InCommon Assurance Program and is scheduled for Wednesday, September 3,
2014 at Noon ET.

Connection Information:
Adobe Connect Information:
http://internet2.adobeconnect.com/assuranceimplementerscall

If you have never attended a Connect Pro meeting before:
Test your connection: http://internet2.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Acrobat Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems
Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.

eDial Dial-In Information:
+1-734-615-7474 (English I2, Please use if you do not pay for Long Distance)
+1-866-411-0013 (English I2, toll free US/Canada Only)

Access code:  0126800#

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good