Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Response to phishing e-mails

From: Brad Judy <brad.judy () CU EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 19:06:37 +0000

Bob,

I really like your tracking sheet - I do something similar here for our much smaller volume (small population - just
administrative staff).  I assume Column B is the "From" address and perhaps column F is the "Reply-to" address?  Is
column D the number of recipients (or maybe number of people who reported it)?

I might borrow a couple of your columns and if I may suggest, I also have columns in mine for the date is was reported
to: domain/site owner, Google, Microsoft, PhishTank, Symantec (our AV vendor).  I have a column for the filename of a
screenshot of the webpage (if appropriate) and keep a folder of those screenshots.  I also have a folder of copies of
the full raw messages so I preserve headers and such.

Brad Judy

Director of UIS Security
University Information Systems
University of Colorado