Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Risk Assessment Tool

From: Cam Beasley <cam () UTEXAS EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 16:54:43 -0600

hi Dewight —

we have been using the following for the past 8-years with solid success:

 http://www.otc.utexas.edu/ATdisplay.jsp?id=459

hope this helps,

~cam.

Cam Beasley
Chief Information Security Officer
Information Security Office | UT Austin
cam () utexas edu | 512.475.9476
http://security.utexas.edu
===============================
Securus - Vigilare - Insanus
===============================

On Feb 12, 2015, at 12:54 PM, Dewight Fredrick Kramer <dfkramer () ucdavis edu> wrote:

Hello,

We are looking for a tool to help us better perform risk assessments  As such, I am reaching out to this list serve
to see what others are using as a tool. Please share what ever tool you are using, with that said we are looking for
a tool that can:

Offer delegation of all or parts of the survey to others, in a secure way (not one account for everyone to share,
which I had a vendor give as an option).
Roll up the results from the different units into a very general holistic look of a campus.
Preferably uses ISO 27002-2013  Standard, but can use NIST 800-53 r3/r4
Easy to get the tool up and going, and a small learning curve to implement.

Thank you,

Dewight F. Kramer
Information Security Consultant
University of California, Davis