Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: GHOST GLIBC LIBRARY VULNERABILITY

From: Kevin Halgren <kevin.halgren () WASHBURN EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 16:28:46 +0000

We got the first word just before 5:00pm last night.  Given the significant nature, reportedly trivial exploitation,
report of a metasploit module coming out quickly, and the simplicity of the fix, we decided to go ahead and stay late
and update our public-facing servers with out-of-band reboots overnight.  No issues so far.  We’re doing test and
development servers this morning (yeah, I know, we did prod first, but this seemed like an exceptional case) and
planning to do our internal-only prod servers at the next maintenance window.

Kevin