Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

CALEA compliance, how do you do it?

From: Rossella Mariotti-Jones <rossella.mariotti.jones () CHEMEKETA EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 16:40:38 -0700

Hello all, I found the following FAQ on Educause and I have some questions
about how the compliance technically works. At some point in the past when
we were figuring out how to comply, someone suggested that as long as we
can supply a span port on various key pieces of equipment we could be ok
because the Feds will come in with their own boxes. Is this at all close to
what happens in reality? and if not, what is the college required to
provide?
TIA.

http://www.educause.edu/focus-areas-and-initiatives/policy-and-security/educause-policy/issues-and-positions/networking-and-telecommunications/tfaq

rossella mariotti-jones | network analyst | information technology |
chemeketa community college | p: 503-589-7775 | e: rmariott () chemeketa edu