Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DMCA Notices

From: "Howard, Christopher" <Christopher-Howard () UTC EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 19:36:49 +0000

We have gotten 2 this year so far.  We specifically block bittorrent so it's difficult for anyone to actually get any
illegal things through using that method.  Due to a licensing error our system that does the blocking stopped working
for less than 24 hours before it was fixed and that's how we got the 2.  I don't think we had any last year.

-Christopher