Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

InCommon Federation - Hosted Service for Higher-Ed

From: Mickey Belote <BELOTE_MR () MERCER EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 19:46:30 +0000

All,

I'm wondering if there are folks on the list who are using the InCommon Federation Service hosted by Fischer
International Identity. It appears to be a relatively inexpensive and "painless" way to establish a Shibboleth instance
to meet all or some of our need for federation services.

*       If you are using it, what are your feelings about the service?

*       How difficult/easy was it to get it up and running on your campus(es)?

*       What are the major benefits have you gained?

*       What are the downsides to using it?

We would greatly appreciate any experiences (good or bad) that anyone can share with us. Feel free to contact me
offline if you don't want to share publicly.

Thanks to all in advance! I apologize for cross postings!

Mickey
Michael R. Belote
Chief Technology Officer
Mercer University