Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Persistence IPSEC tunnel with Vendor

From: "Yost, Davis" <yost () NORTHWOOD EDU>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 23:41:25 +0000

Has anyone been asked to setup a IPSEC VPN tunnel with a vendor?  I have been asked to offer this service to a vendor
and I'm currently denying this request.  I would like to hear from other Security professionals to see if I'm being too
strict.  They are requesting a tunnel to our network and connecting to a SQL database which currently is a server on
our Administrative network.

If you have allowed this type of connection, do you have any security agreements that you require them to sign prior to
making the connection.

Thank you,
Davis

Davis Yost,  CISSO
Associate Director, Security and Networks
yost () northwood
edu<https://mail.northwood.edu/owa/redir.aspx?REF=oqO2_kyiMN1omZ5rmTRk27bO-2oABzTyz7JSSeEg-DKjSX8kGVzTCAFtYWlsdG86eW9zdEBub3J0aHdvb2QuZWR1>

989.837.4185 office
989.837.4184 fax
Developing Leaders of a Global Free-Enterprise Society