Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Want to be a Guest Blogger for NCSAM 2016?

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 23:17:24 +0000

Good afternoon,

We are seeking new content for the EDUCAUSE Review Security Matters
column<http://er.educause.edu/columns/security-matters> as part of National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Guest blogs
will be published between August and November.

You may use the weekly themes<https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/about/> identified by the National Cyber Security
Alliance as guidance, but please don’t feel limited by these ideas! You are welcome to choose a security or security
awareness topic that would be of interest to you and the higher ed community. (And for those of you planning to write a
blog leading up to or following NCSAM, you are welcome to write about a “back to school” topic or share a summary of
your October events and activities.)

Week 1 (October 3-7): Stop. Think. Connect.: The Basic Steps to Online Safety and Security
Week 2 (October 10-14): From the Break Room to the Boardroom: Creating a Culture of Cybersecurity in the Workplace
Week 3 (October 17-21): Recognizing and Combating Cybercrime
Week 4 (October 24-28): Our Continuously Connected Lives: What’s Your “Apptitude”?
Week 5 (October 31): Building Resilience in Critical Systems

If you are interested in writing a guest blog, please contact me directly (vvogel () educause edu<mailto:vvogel ()
educause edu>). Our guest blog
guidelines<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KQyywWCm9dSW_r7AolV1dAFBprVY7tbC4TVYaOoFNfo/edit?usp=sharing> may answer
some of your questions, but I am happy to provide additional information. And if we have a large number of volunteers,
we can always schedule blogs further out (December or even early 2017).

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE