Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Logs on Banner

From: Steve Terry <terrys () DENISON EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 10:10:13 -0400

Wessam:

Post your question in the Ellucian Commons for a comprehensive answer to
your question.

Steve

*Steve Terry*
Director of Enterprise Applications
ITS
*Denison University*
Fellows Hall - 102B
Granville, OH 43023
740-587-8685 | *www.denison.edu <http://www.denison.edu/>*

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 4:25 AM, Wessam Maher <
0000001fe3498f17-dmarc-request () listserv educause edu> wrote:

Dear All,

I am facing some difficulties in getting useful logs for audit trails in
Ellucian Banner for ldap identities, the logs are scattered and user
identity is hidden/not linked directly with IP address

I heard that Ellucian has their identity management solution that can do
everything but I am not sure if it is the right or cost effective solution
as I think all the data is present but it needs the right way to correlate
it

Appreciate your opinions,

*Wessam Maher *CISSP,CHFI,CCSP
Principal Campus Information Security Officer
Office of Information Technology
The American University in Cairo
*E *wessam.maher () aucegypt edu •  *T* +2022615.3543
*W* *www.aucegypt.edu <http://www.aucegypt.edu/>*