Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Employee Offboarding - Office365

From: Margaret Gokturk <mgokturk () SCAD EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 15:08:58 -0400

Hello all,

Is there anyone out there who wouldn't mind sharing their process for dealing with former employee information
associated with an Office365 account (with our without license recovery)?  Of particular interest would be a working
solution for transitioning the former employee's shared files (i.e., former employee was the file admin) to a team
member.

I have read conflicting reports regarding the countdown to data deletion following license termination - some say 30
days, others 3,650 days.

Thank you in advance for your time!

--
Thanks,
Margaret

Margaret Gokturk, CISSP CISA
Information Security Analyst
Savannah College of Art and Design®
T: 912.525.4051 – Fax: 912.525.4042
mgokturk () scad edu - www.scad.edu
SCAD: The University for Creative Careers®

Report unexpected emails with imbedded links or attachments to infosec () scad edu. Follow us on twitter:
twitter.com/SCADInfoSec

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential
information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
telephone or by electronic mail and then delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.