Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Cyber Security Month videos

From: Ric Getter <ric.getter () PCC EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 09:50:32 -0700

Since joining this group when I was working in enterprise application
support and deploying patches in response to security issues, I moved into
a team that is much closer to my original career (and passions). Over the
summer, we were asked to write and produce a series of videos for Cyber
Security Month. One of these, is somewhat relevant to the password length
discussion (the inspiration for the script was a John Oliver interview with
Edward Snowden). Others deal with phishing and the need to secure
workstations before leaving them.

There's one more about securing mobile devices, that didn't make the cut
because the content proved to be a bit too controversial. (I can provide a
link to where I've stashed that one off our site).

My thanks to this group, for the advice it offered when I needed it most
and for the fascinating discussions I've been following ever since. We're a
public institution and as such, anyone is welcome to these videos.
http://pcc.edu/cybermonth

Ric Getter

Ric Getter
PCC Media Communications/PCC-TV