Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Save the Date: May 30 HEISC Webinar on Risk

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 14:42:22 +0000

Greetings,

Please save the date for a 1-hour HEISC webinar about risk in higher ed with guest speakers Silvio Balzano, Matthew
Dalton, and Blake Penn (members of our Governance, Risk, and Compliance working group).

This free, online event will be held on Tuesday, May 30, 4-5 pm EDT. No registration is required. Additional details
are provided below.

We hope you will join us for a lively discussion! A recording will be available following the event if you cannot
attend.

HEISC Webinar
From Art to Science: How Risk Can Transform Your InfoSec Program
Speakers: Silvio Balzano (Fordham University), Matthew Dalton (University of Massachusetts, Amherst), and Blake Penn
(Georgia Institute of Technology)
Tuesday,May 30, 2017
4-5 pm EDT
Access online at: https://educause.acms.com/ecar/

Abstract: IT and information security risk are a fact of life in modern colleges and universities. Learn how to
leverage a risk-based model to improve the maturity of your information security program vs. using a technology or
compliance centric approach. Our three speakers will provide a better understanding of the risk management process and
discuss how risk can help information security support innovation, teaching, and collaboration in higher ed.

Note: This webinar is for new IT leaders who need to understand risks within their organization, IT professionals who
want to have more productive conversations with the business side, and security professionals looking to mature their
program or department.

Please feel free to share this information with your colleagues.

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Program

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | main: 202.872.4200 | twitter: @HEISCouncil | educause.edu<http://www.educause.edu/>