Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Educause for Security Pros Slack Team?

From: Brian Epstein <bepstein () IAS EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 15:38:12 -0400

Brian,

If you haven't checked out REN-ISAC (www.ren-isac.net), it might already
contain the security community that you are looking for.  I highly
recommend looking into the community, it is great for information
sharing and contains many folks in higher-ed from around the globe.

"The REN-ISAC mission is to aid and promote cybersecurity operational
protection and response within the research and higher education (R&E)
communities. The mission is conducted through private information
sharing within a community of trusted representatives at member
organizations, and as a computer security incident response team (CSIRT)
supporting the R&E community at-large. REN-ISAC serves as R&E's trusted
partner in commercial, governmental and private information sharing
relationships, in the formal U.S. ISAC community, and for served networks."

Thanks,
Brian