Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Cylance

From: Brian Basgen <brian_basgen () EMERSON EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 20:21:00 -0400

 I haven't been able to get a straight answer out of Cylance about their
efficacy. The sales pitch is great: sensible and logical. But is there a
qualitative analysis of how much better a next gen product is compared to
the old? It is a fair statement that the old model is structurally
problematic, but it also works at a certain level of quality, and I'm not
clear on exactly how these next gen products compare. Finally, it doesn't
help that these products are "the hot new thing", and thus are quite
expensive.

Brian Basgen
Associate Vice President, Information Technology
Emerson College | 120 Boylston Street | Boston, MA 02116