Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: endpoints in NIST 800-171

From: randy <marchany () VT EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 22:39:01 -0400

The one weakness with the AWS cloud solutions to the NIST 800-171 is with
the endpoints. Specifically, the need to physically isolate the endpoints
from the rest of an office/lab is a stumbling block. Something like the old
citrix (dumb terminal) devices might meet the requirement but it is
burdensome on the researcher. How one provides adequate 800-171 physical
protections in a way that's not burdensome to researchers.

-r.

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 3:45 PM, Cathy Bates <cathy.bates () vantagetcg com>