Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

EDUCAUSE Listserv Posting Guidelines

From: Joanna Grama <jgrama () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 13:01:26 +0000

Good morning!

We like to share our EDUCAUSE listserv posting participation guidelines from time to time.  You can find the full
participation guidelines here:
https://www.educause.edu/discuss/constituent-and-discussion-group-participation-guidelines

Among the finer points of the guidelines:

*       List discussions are archived and fully searchable. Before posting a query, you may want to search the group
archive to catch up on past discussions. NOTE: Postings to Constituent and Discussion Group listservs are indexed and
archived in a publicly searchable format in keeping with the association's commitment to open sharing of ideas, issues,
and practices involving information technology in higher education. This allows quick review of past discussions.

*       Because topical threads on Constituent and Discussion Group listservs are archived discussion resources and
part of the EDUCAUSE content repository, those who initiate a thread may not retroactively determine whether or not it
will remain in the searchable repository nor to selectively edit a particular posting.

*       All postings should be signed with the subscriber's name, institutional/organizational/corporate affiliation,
and e-mail address. We do not recommend the use of vCards or other attachments.

Discussions are monitored by EDUCAUSE staff and the volunteer EDUCAUSE member group leaders for adherence to the
guidelines. Our experience has been that blatantly inappropriate intrusion on the lists is rare. Subscribers who
operate outside of the guidelines will receive a cautionary notice from EDUCAUSE. Individuals who continue to disregard
and violate the guidelines may be blocked from subsequent participation.

Thank you for your attention to our participation guidelines.

Kind regards,
Joanna

Joanna Grama, JD, CISSP, CRISC, CIPT
Director of Cybersecurity and IT GRC Programs

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
282 Century Place, Suite 5000, Louisville, CO 80027
direct: 720.406.6769 | jgrama () educause edu<mailto:jgrama () educause edu>

Become a Member- Everyone at your organization is an EDUCAUSE member when you join | Access discounts, resources, and
valuable peer networks | Discover membership<https://www.educause.edu/about/discover-membership>