Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Identity Finder Questions

From: "Escue, Charles E" <cescue () IU EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 21:00:53 +0000

Hello everyone,

We are interested in knowing the strategy of other institutions in relation to Identity Finder (or other like
products). Feedback for the following questions is greatly appreciated.

What is the scope of your institutions deployment? (e.g. system-wide, specific departments, business areas, etc.)
Do you include personally-owned devices or just organization-owned devices?
Within that scope, what devices are included? (e.g. servers, desktops, laptops; all or partial)
How often are systems scanned and/or reports reviewed?

I appreciate your help with this discovery effort! Feel free to respond to the list or contact me directly.

Thanks,

Charlie

Charles Escue, CISSP

Lead Security Analyst