Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: HECVAT Users List

From: "Washburn, Ian" <ian () IU EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 14:42:22 +0000

IU has been using the HECVAT as our primary questionnaire since its release. We require it when a full assessment is
required and rarely use the HECVAT lite except when approved by our Data Stewards. We haven't had many vendors refuse
to fill it out but, our team is well trained in the sales pitch that comes along with this lengthy form. :)

I've added our institution to the list.

Ian Washburn GSEC, GMOB, GISP
Systems Risk Mitigation Manager
University Information Security Office
Public Safety and Institutional Assurance
Indiana Univeristy
812-855-7262
ian () iu edu