Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Parental Email Access for Deceased Students

From: "Ullman, Catherine" <cende () BUFFALO EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 17:26:39 +0000

Hi Jim,

Here is our policy for deceased or incapacitated individuals:

http://www.buffalo.edu/ubit/policies/guidance-documents/accessing-accounts-deceased-incapacitated.html

Basically, we release to the executor of the estate.  If there isn’t one, it’s up to University counsel.  I hope this
helps.

Best,
Cathy

Dr. Catherine J Ullman
Senior Information Security Analyst
Information Security Office
University at Buffalo
cende () buffalo edu<mailto:cende () buffalo edu>