Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: OneDrive for Business "feature"

From: Marden Paul <marden.paul () UTORONTO CA>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 19:24:57 +0000

There is also supposed to be a feature rolled out that permits the creation of a password for the ANYONE link type.

https://office-watch.com/2018/password-file-sharing-links-onedrive/

[https://office-watch.com/fredagg/uploads/password-protected-file-sharing-links-with-onedrive-microsoft-office-19037.png]<https://office-watch.com/2018/password-file-sharing-links-onedrive/>

Password Protected file sharing links with OneDrive
...<https://office-watch.com/2018/password-file-sharing-links-onedrive/>
office-watch.com
An overdue and very welcome addition to OneDrive for Office 365 customers is password protected …

This has not rolled out the Canadian GEO yet, but may be available elsewhere.

Marden

Marden D. Paul

Director Planning Governance Assessment & Communication

Office of the CIO

27 King's College Circle

University of Toronto

P: 416.946.0440