Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Job opening: GRC Manager

From: "Nevin, Dave" <Dave.Nevin () OREGONSTATE EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 16:21:36 +0000

Oregon State University has an opening for a Governance, Risk, & Compliance (GRC) Manager.  We’d like to invite you to
join us as we work and play in one of the safest, smartest, greenest small cities in the nation.
Know anybody that is into outdoor activities? That is looking for summers without rain and a mild, year-round climate?
Someone that loves beer and or wine?
This position is located at OSU’s main campus in beautiful Corvallis, the western-most city (with a population >50k) in
the lower 48. Nestled against the coast range, Corvallis is midway in the Willamette Valley: we’re 46 miles from the
beautiful Oregon coast, 85 miles from Portland, and 86 miles from the nearest ski resort. (Yes, you could surf and snow
ski in the same day.) Our climate is called “cool-summer Mediterranean” with mild temperatures year-round and warm,
long, very dry summers. If you can think of an outdoor activity, you can likely do it here. I don’t mean to brag but
living in Corvallis is like being on vacation year-round.
Don’t just take my word for it—other people like us:
The American Institute for Economic Research ranked us as #3 in their Top 20 College Towns; we’re #4 on Forbes’ list
Top 10 list; and, on a purely esthetic basis, Travelers Today ranked us as one of the Five Most Beautiful College Towns
in America.
But that’s not all. Like Beer? Thrillist ranks Oregon first in their “All 50 States, Ranked by Their Beer” list. Wine?
#3 in the number of wineries and #4 in production. And with both of those we’re focusing on quality, not quantity, with
OSU home to programs in Viticulture, Enology, Brewing and Fermenting Sciences. And to keep that from going to your
waist, you can join us all as we ride our bikes to work; Corvallis has the highest percentage of bicycle commuters in
the nations (10%). And for you sci-fi/post-apocalyptic fiction fans, Corvallis served as the center of rebuilding
civilization in The Postman.
Oh, and the job is great too. OSU is an incredible, supportive place that cares about its people.  You’ll work in a
collaborative environment to develop a program that assesses and documents OSU’s compliance and risk posture as they
relate to its information assets.
Interested, or know someone who is? Here’s the posting:
https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/63920

Any questions? Don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave Nevin | Chief Information Security Officer | Office of Information Security | Oregon State University
A008 Kerr Admin Bldg | Corvallis, OR 97331 | Phone: 541-713-3549