Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Restricting PC Admin Rights

From: Kevin Ledbetter <kevin.ledbetter () VALPO EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 10:57:54 -0500

We have removed local admin privileges for most of our Non-IT users
accounts.  Where the department has specified a legitimate business need
for local admin rights, we have created a secondary admin account for
specific users.  We use the naming convention username.admin.  The only
time the user uses this account is to provide local admin credentials when
prompted by Windows. when they are installing/updating software.

Kevin

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 10:40 AM, Jack Barrett <jwbarrett () massasoit mass edu