Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

[Registration Reminder] REN-ISAC Workshop @ Harvard University: 10/11/18

From: Sarah Bigham <sarah () REN-ISAC NET>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 11:21:17 -0400

**There are still seats available for this free workshop. If you would
like to attend, please register by 10/5/18 @ 4pm ET at the link below.**

https://www.ren-isac.net/calendar/october/workshop_harvard.html

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly with questions.

Hosted by:  Harvard University
Date:  October 11, 2018
Time:  9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
Registration Required:  Yes
Registration Deadline:  10/5/18 @ 4pm ET
Fee:  None

Map: https://goo.gl/maps/wCMCtNVjqUF2

Breakfast:  Provided
Lunch:  Provided
Wifi:  Eduroam is available. Guest Wireless is also available but
requires setup.
Requirements:  Picture ID required on check-in; Participants must be
full-time employees of a college or university
Please Bring:  Your laptop computer, notepad, and a pen

Lodging/Transportation Options:

Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge
+1-617-492-7777
777 Memorial Drive
Cambridge, MA 02139
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/boscy-courtyard-boston-cambridge/
Typical Room Rate: $370/night

Hyatt Regency Cambridge
+1-617-492-1234
575 Memorial Drive
Cambridge, MA 02139
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/massachusetts/hyatt-regency-cambridge-overlooking-boston/bosrc
Typical Room Rate: $269/night

Closest Airport:

Boston Logan International Airport:
http://www.massport.com/logan-airport

Parking:

Parking is available at both hotels for a fee. There is no on-street
parking available.

This workshop is focused on physical security, building around a
controversial speaker scenario.  There is also a significant cyber
component to emphasize an enterprise approach to risk management. The
scenario for the workshop has been custom-made for REN-ISAC and offers a
unique, and realistic, blend of physical and cyber threats for
participants to consider. The workshops will be professionally
facilitated. Each of the participants will receive a copy of the final
report, and a summary report will be made available to the entire community.

All in higher education are welcome to attend, not just those from
REN-ISAC member institutions. We expect exercise participants to
represent physical security, emergency management, information
technology and security, and other subject matter experts.

--
V/R,
Sarah Bigham