Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

2018 Survey about the Higher Education Cloud Vendor Assessment Tool (HECVAT)

From: "Escue, Charles E" <cescue () IU EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 14:59:12 +0000

Hi everyone,

The Higher Education Cloud Vendor Assessment Tool (HECVAT) attempts to generalize higher education information security
and data protection questions and issues regarding third party and/or cloud services for consistency and ease of use
and to ensure that such services are appropriately assessed for security and privacy needs, including some that are
unique to higher education.

The HECVAT was created by a working group composed of EDUCAUSE, Internet2, and REN-ISAC members for the benefit of all
higher education institutions. We want to make sure that the HECVAT is useful to all higher education institutions that
choose to use it. The goal of this feedback survey is to gather metrics on use of the HECVAT, perceived vendor reaction
to the HECVAT, and suggestions for further improvement and refinement.

Please take our quick 9 question survey and share your feedback please!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6LMNFZL

Unless you give us your name and contact information, your response to this survey is anonymous. We are not collecting
IP addresses.

Thank you for taking the time to help us improve this tool. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Charlie

Charles Escue, CISSP

Extended Information Security Manager

University Information Security Office