Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Clarkson University - Information Security Analyst and Sr. System Administrator positions available

From: "Brian T. Huntley" <bhuntley () CLARKSON EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 10:32:02 -0400

Colleagues:

Clarkson is hiring two new positions into our Office of Information
Technology!

First, we're hiring an Infosec Analyst to put into practice a lot of the
things we know we should be doing, but lack the time to do.  In this role,
you'll bring real change to three campuses of good folks who are dedicated
to doing their jobs well and are open and anxious to incorporate good
security practices in their day-to-day (no, really!).  As a new add to a
relatively young program, you'll be able to bring your experience and fresh
perspective to help shape the future of infosec at Clarkson!
https://clarkson.peopleadmin.com/postings/4467

Second, we're looking for a seasoned, well rounded, Sr System Administrator
who will help our great team of SA's take care of our existing
infrastructure as well as set the direction for meeting  the challenge
posed by the University: innovate.  There will be an infosec slant to this
person's work list too. https://clarkson.peopleadmin.com/postings/4466

Both of these positions are new, adding to an already growing OIT, a
testament to the support the department enjoys from the campus, including
senior leadership.

Located in northern New York state, we're in a rural setting just north of
the expansive Adirondack Park covering over 9,000 square miles of
wilderness, but less than two hours drive from Montreal, Quebec, Ottawa
Ontario and just a little more than two hours from Syracuse New York.
Clarkson has a great work-life balance approach, so there's ample
opportunity to get out and enjoy all the four seasons have to offer here.

These positions will report to me.  If you have any questions, please don't
hesitate to reach out!

Best,
Brian

Brian T. Huntley, CISSP
Director of Network Services and Information Security
Office of Information Technology
Clarkson University
315.268.6723