Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Turning off IMAP

From: Gael Frouin <gfrouin () BERKLEE EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 15:08:46 -0400

I believe that the right setting then would be to disable "less secure
apps" for your users. This will force users to use OAuth or SAML in your
case. It will prevent plain text login/password while still allowing the
user of email clients
(see https://support.google.com/a/answer/6260879?hl=en for Less secure apps
management)

Gaël Frouin